Hello, my dear readers! In his next article we will consider such an element of a person’s sporting development as swimming. In particular, we will analyze the pros and cons of this species, find out which muscles work in swimming and how to optimize the process of physical development with the help of this sport.
The phrase sounded in one famous movie: “We all came out of the water and must return to the water” as accurately as possible characterizes the life path. Despite the fact that this film is clearly a comedy genre, however in this phrase there is a very rational thought. Water surrounds us throughout our life cycle.
At a certain historical stage, swimming has ceased to be regarded as a usual entertainment, with various variations and offshoots, swimming has become a full-fledged sport. I will not dwell on my purely sporting aspect in my article, the guide will be an ordinary person who does not professionally sport.
A huge advantage of swimming is its almost absolute safety in terms of injuries. If you decide for yourself to do this kind of sport for yourself, then your physical training at the time of the beginning of classes will not be a fundamental factor.
Restrictions on health for employment by this kind practically does not exist, on the contrary, at some medical indications only employment by swimming are original panacea from disease.
It is in water that a person is in the conditions most approximated to weightlessness, which makes it practically impossible to feel any load on the joints and ligaments. This point is often used in terms of rehabilitation after receiving serious injuries.
One more undoubted plus is involvement of huge number of muscles of human body that well influences not only the general condition of organism, but also disposal of extra kilos can be used in respect of possible. The direct interrelation is traced: you want beautiful figure – welcome in water.
So, summarizing all above it is possible to note the next main positive moments:
- It is possible to use as prevention of cardiovascular diseases
- Positive impact on respiratory system of the person
- Burning of excess calories well influences formation of figure
- The water environment well influences during stressful situations
- Lack of negative effects
What you need to do before the lesson begins
After we have found out that the benefits of practicing this kind of sport are much more tangible than possible negative consequences, you can proceed to the activities themselves. There are a number of rules, compliance with which will allow you to get the maximum effect from the class:
- Before immersion in water as far as possible take shower. Optimal variant will be if water temperature in soul is flush with water temperature in the pool. This will allow your body to start exercising.
- Warm up. Even though swimming is one of the safest sports, a little warm-up will prepare the muscles for further work, will help to avoid undesirable consequences.
- The principle of gradualness. Do not chase after records, soberly assess your strength. It should not be an end in itself a desire to overcome any distance in the shortest possible time.
The groups of muscles which are most involved in process of the exercise
I have already noted that it is in the process of swimming that our organism is practically fully involved. During swimming, the muscles perform two main functions: stabilize the position of our body in the water and carry out the movement.
Of great importance is the interrelated work of all parts of the body of the swimmer, because in the water environment we are deprived of any support and only in the case of synchronous operation of the listed functions a person does not just stay on the water, but can also swim.
The load of various muscle groups during swimming depends largely on the method you have chosen. Let’s analyze the basic styles of swimming and the muscle groups that receive the greatest load in each particular style:
- Crawl – the most high-speed style allowing to gather the maximum speed on certain site of distance. This style is calculated on the alternate work of hands strengthened by permanent job of legs. The following groups of our organism are maximally involved: thoracic, latissimus muscles of back, double-headed femoral, triceps, quadriceps femoris, calves.
- Breast stroke – when using this style both hands are symmetrically offered forward whereas legs make peculiar horizontal take-off from water. Work of the top part of the case have to be symmetric with the movements of legs. The following muscles are involved: two-headed and quadriceps femoral, buttock, bringing femoral, sural. Muscles of breast and deltoid shoulder girdle participate in work of hands.
- Butterfly stroke – or in a different way style of butterfly. The most difficult and energy-intensive style of swimming demanding certain skills. Both hands carry out wide fungus during which performance the case of the swimmer rises over water. At this time legs of the swimmer carry out the repellent movement from basin. The following muscle groups are involved: shoulder (double-headed and three-headed), thoracic, broadest, abdominal muscles, quadriceps femoris, calves.
- The crawl on back – in fact, is mirror display of the crawl to breasts described by me is slightly higher. The swimmer makes alternate grebk hands with foot movements in vertical plane. This style does not differ in especially bystry speed, but at the same time large number of muscles is involved in it: two-headed, triceps, deltoid, the widest.
I have listed only the largest muscle groups that receive the maximum load during swimming lessons. The answer to the question, which muscles work with swimming, you got, but do not forget that the above list is far from complete, almost all the muscles of your body receive a certain share of the load during this sport. And this is a serious argument in favor of this sport.
On this I say goodbye to you, subscribe to update my blog, comment on articles and share links with friends. See you soon!