Friends, good afternoon! I’m glad to welcome you all here. Today I want to talk with you about “The benefits of fish oil for men.” In my opinion, this is one of the most useful additives for a person who wants to protect their health. Do not you think so? Then you urgently need to read this article.
Composition and benefits
Fish oil is a dietary supplement that includes two types of essential fatty acids – alpha-linoleic acid, as well as LA (linolenic acid).
The synonym is ALA = Omega-3 fatty acids, and LA = Omega-6. These fatty acids are not synthesized by our body, we need to receive them from the outside. These acids contribute to:
- Improved joints and ligaments (this is especially important for people who are involved in sports, this will prevent you from injury, and add elasticity to your ligaments).
- Improved lipid profile.
- Improving the production of testosterone (one of the major male hormones).
- Improvement of the brain work (they preserve the flexibility and elasticity of the membranes in the first place of the brain.) If a shortage of fatty acids is found, the quality of the membrane can change, resulting in a decrease in the cognitive abilities of the individual, damage to mental activity, a violation in the volitional sphere, as a result, the possibility of depression is increased).
- Reduces the viscosity of the blood, resulting in improved pressure in men.
- Increased bone density (a note to young mothers, this property is important for your children).
Already convinced of the benefits of fish oil for men? If not, then continue and here’s a series of conclusions about its usefulness.
Fish oil protects against schizophrenia
Employees of the Melbourne Institution together with workers from the Vienna Medical Institution conducted a fair number of experiments with omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. The first experiments gave us that omega-3 restrains the development of the disease, and from another aspect, in persons suffering from schizophrenia, the degree is sharply crumbling.
The new experiment involved a fair number of new recruits aged 12 to 26 with the first signs of the disease: for example, several had auditory hallucinations (“voices in the head”), but they lasted only a couple of days, the rest seemed that some or Something tries to harm them, these thoughts were lucky enough to quickly break off. Often these symptoms are less than a year later, they become real schizophrenia.
Half of the people during 4 months were given capsules of fish oil, concentrated omega-3, the second used a placebo, there was only a smack from real fatty acids. Subsequently, the course of tablets for recruits experimented for almost 8 years.
The results were as follows: schizophrenia only got sick of 10% of those people who consumed fish oil, and 40% of those who consumed placebo. The results of the experiment were fully published in the records of Nature Communications.
Omega-3 has a big advantage over ordinary antipsychotic drugs, their advantage is that from people with omega-3, there is no increase in cholesterol, no weight gain, no threat to diabetics.
How much to use?
Dosage for an ordinary man should be 1.5-2 grams per day, if you take 500 mg capsules, then it’s 3-4 tablets. For men who exercise, it is better to take 2.5-2.8 grams. To protect your joints and strengthen them.
They can be, only in case you strongly overdo with taking omega-3. It is not recommended to take fish oil to people who suffer from “pancreatitis”. It can also be a vitamin poisoning, it contains vitamins of groups A and D, an excess of them can harm your health. But if you follow the rules that are described in this article above, then everything will be fine with you.
In conclusion, I want to thank everyone who has read this article, I hope it was useful for you and everyone for himself stressed something from it. Subscribe to my blog, tell your friends, share this article with them, leave your comments, it is very important for me to know your opinion. Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to see you again.